<VV> OIl filter magnet

Joseph Fannin jfannin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 14:50:37 EDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 10:05:01AM -0400, Ebarr19 at aol.com wrote:
> The magnet I had on the bottom of the filter came off ( a large one ) At
> the autocross at St. Augustine a couple weeks ago I broke the right rear axle
> on  the GEEZER, the tire and brake drum went out the rear lifting the car
> up and  then slamming on the blacktop, also ending up about 160% to the left
> of my  intended direction, anyway after I got home I found the magnet in the
> right  fenderwell where the spare would have been. So they do come off.
> Gene Barr
> Eustis Fl.

That's an interesting datum; I see your point.  It made me think of
the situation with my eyeglasses.

I went through half a dozen pairs of glasses through my teens and
early twenties.  Now I cannot legally drive without corrective lenses,
so I finally disciplined myself not to take them off, as they're 100%
less likely to get sat on or lost that way.  I've had this pair a long
time.

My glasses could still get smashed if something smashes my face, true,
but if that happens I likely have bigger problems.  :-)

--
Joseph Fannin
jfannin at gmail.com