<VV> Corvair near Wheaton

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 31 22:45:29 EDT 2013

I've lived in IL since 1952 and do not recall such a retroactive seat belt
law.  Neither have I ever been asked to prove that a pre-'65 had belts in
order to get a title.  Note that the Rampside is a '61 that I bought from
out of state in 1998.  So, if this was an Illinois law only, certainly they
would have questioned whether on not it had belts since it came from out of
state.  <Yeah - like that's going to happen>

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140