<VV> increasing rear (LM) ride height (air bags?)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu May 2 16:33:12 EDT 2013

Hi Ray,

A few quick points and a plug :-)

 - I agree that the late Corvair came stock with the rear lower than the front.  I have an original ad that shows that stance too.  I guess the idea was to have a "leaping forward" look.
 - I think you have it backwards, you don't want to raise the rear, it's generally accepted to fix this by lowering the front.  HD springs cut one coil are the usual prescription.
 - If you want the car lower still for autocross (a good idea), my best suggestion is another set of shorter tires.  I know, budget, but keep in mind tires aimed at autocross will hold up better.  There are several very good extreme summer tires out there.

Finally, suspension set up is the tech session topic at the Virginia Vair Fair this coming weekend, at 10 Saturday morning.  Come on down!

http://www.vairfair.com/

--Bryan

On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Ramon Rodriguez III wrote:

> I like to give my cars an aggressive stance (some of you have seen my car).
> This requires the rear sit higher than the front.  It seems Corvairs sat
> lower in the rear than the front when new, and fourty plus years of having
> the heavier end of the car sitting on the rear springs didn't help.

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150
  Kid cars: '00 Grand Marquis, '99 Miata