<VV> What is special about a `63-1/2 FC ?

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri May 3 13:06:32 EDT 2013

On 5/3/2013 12:58 PM, shortle wrote:
> Another change that took place was the front door emblem designs were changed. '61-'63 (early) were script and '63 1/2 and newer were printed letters and said BY CHEVROLET under the CORVAIR 95 or GREENBRIER letters.

I respectfully dispute this, Tim.  I believe that the door emblem change
was a model year change, 1961 & 62 for the original script, and 1963-64
for the re-designed script with the "by Chevrolet" subtext.

Then, of course, there is the 1965-only "Greenbrier" door emblem, all
block letters and located within the body stripe instead of above it.

Didja know -- there exist a tiny number of 1965-style "Corvair 95"
emblems (Dave Newell has one of 'em) because the original plan was to
continue Rampside production into the 1965 model year, since there was
no pickup version of the Chevy Van.  But with 1964 Rampside sales so
miserable, that plan was dropped.