<VV> DROP LIGHTS

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun May 5 09:32:05 EDT 2013

I'm still using up my supply of 50 and 60 watt Rough Service lamps. I
can use the drop light as a light weight hammer and not break the
filaments in these drop lights.

I bought them when they were cheap from automotive suppliers and Harbor
Freight. I did NOT pay the $2.50 to $4 price at Home Depot!

30 years ago I got away from 75 and 100 watt bulbs in drop lights. Too
many burned arms and carpets! You can hold the low wattage rough service
bulb drop light metal housings in your hand.

When I run out I will try something modern.  Of course the lunatic
fringe will warn you of dousing the interior of a car with Mercury if
you break the twirly lamp.

I DID buy an LED underhood lamp this year. It is the type that spans the
hood and clamps with spring load ends to the hood edges. Lights up the
world under there! Pricey though..

Frank DuVal