<VV> fuel pump pressure too high after changing the cover

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun May 5 16:06:32 EDT 2013

Late last week I installed my new race modified carbs, and while I was at
it I installed a chrome fuel pump cover I bought at Sturbridge.  After
getting everything set up the car was running terrible, and then after
sitting (not running) a few minutes it hydro-locked when I tried to start
it.

I thought something was wrong with the carbs (a leak) but after a little
troubleshooting I think it is high fuel pressure.  The chrome cover looks
identical to the cover I took off the pump.  I pressure tested the pump by
hand pumping it and it maxed out my fuel pressure tester which maxes out at
7 psi.

Assuming that this is the problem what happened and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Ray R.