<VV> fuel pump pressure too high after changing the cover

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun May 5 16:12:32 EDT 2013

I thought something was wrong with the carbs (a leak) but after a little
troubleshooting I think it is high fuel pressure.  The chrome cover looks
identical to the cover I took off the pump.  I pressure tested the pump by
hand pumping it and it maxed out my fuel pressure tester which maxes out at
7 psi.

Assuming that this is the problem what happened and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Ray R.

  Shorten the coil spring!!  too hard to find  replacements..  If you have other pumps.. try their springs!

 People with this problem have found as high as 11 psi!  you want 2-4 psi.

  first ----2 coils then retest.

Otherwise put a regulator on.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon