<VV> fuel pump pressure too high after changing the cover

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun May 5 21:14:49 EDT 2013

Thanks!  Now that I understand exactly how the pump works it seems a pretty
simple problem to solve.

I do have at least three or four pumps with bad diaphragms on the shelf.
I'll try the springs from those and if none of them are right I'll try
shortening a spring.

I suspect that this might actually be the cause of the intermittent miss
that developed last year on the way to Sturbridge.  I suspected the
ignition system but now that I pulled the plugs and saw they are pretty
carboned up maybe the pressure was too high before I installed the chrome
cover.  Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I installed a new pump on
this car shortly before Sturbridge because I had borrowed the one that was
on it to get another car running.. but I can't be sure.  I juggle parts
between different Corvairs too much!

Ray Rodriguez III
Certifiable Vair Nut
Lake Ariel, PA