<VV> Ralphie is at it again....

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Mon May 13 18:03:48 EDT 2013

And that is the usually the real source of CO contamination--not the exhaust from the manifolds, but the surrounding air.  When the heater blower is pulling in air and the heater hoses are leaking then the surrounding, polluted air is sucked in.  As you said--replace the hoses first before you go into the exhaust system.

Bob

I think it is a good idea to replace the hoses on the heater about every 3
years. Some Corvair owners neglect this as it means getting under the car
(unless you have rotessarie)
I consider it maintanence, much like looking at brake pads/shoes