<VV> Ralphie is at it again....

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Tue May 14 09:44:11 EDT 2013

So, I am going to play Devil's advocate here and ask where you get the idea that the heater hoses need to be replaced every three years?  I don't disagree with giving them a visual inspection but why replace if they are still intact?

Likewise, please explain to me how you think exhaust gas, if expelled from a correctly installed and functional stock tailpipe, can be pulled forward into the heater system even IF there is a broken hose.  I concede this possibly *could* occur when the car is idling while stopped, if wind were blowing towards the front of the car, but highly unlikely when moving.

Incidentally, if you have a properly functioning heater system the blower motor is rarely needed as the engine fan does a good job of pushing air through the system.  The blower is mostly needed for defrosting.

That is my experience with a properly functioning 1964 stock system; your mileage may vary.

Bill Hubbell