<VV> Fresh air intake and CO contamination

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Tue May 14 12:17:17 EDT 2013

Bill,

There is a reason car manufacturers take fresh air into the system at the highest point.  (Also, according to a Fisher Body ad from the late 50's, the reason they touted their cowl intake instead of the old system that took air in from the front behind the grill (or around headlights like the '57s).  It isn't so much our exhaust, but the exhaust all around you in typical driving with other traffic.  Cruising down the highway isn't much of a problem--stop and go traffic is.

Bob

Likewise, please explain to me how you think exhaust gas, if expelled from a
correctly installed and functional stock tailpipe, can be pulled forward into
the heater system even IF there is a broken hose.  I concede this possibly
*could* occur when the car is idling while stopped, if wind were blowing towards
the front of the car, but highly unlikely when moving.