<VV> Strut rod battle

Jon Woolf jon at jonwoolf.com
Wed May 15 10:18:14 EDT 2013

I won.  After struggling to get the nuts off my strut rods so that I
could replace the rubber bushings, I took to the rods with my angle
grinder. Thanks Harbor Freight!  67 year old body rolling around on
garage floor- it was not pretty, and watching the shower of sparks
pinging off the fuel tank gave me something to think about while
grinding. BUT!   A couple of hours of work, and the old rods are in the
recycling bin. I found a new pair with good threads before starting, of
course.  Moral is, don't waste your time with those old peened nuts- you
will not get them off. You will hurt yourself trying. Trust me....

Now, a request.... most of us have had someone close to us battling with
cancer. Sometimes losing that horrible fight.  If you wish to talk about
your 'vair's rust here, is it really necessary to describe it as
'Cancer?' There is no comparison between a person's struggle with a
terrible disease and a patch of rust in an old car, and I know it jolts
me to see the word used so frequently and so loosely.  Just one man's
opinion.