<VV> TRW Piston Problem

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat May 18 21:54:29 EDT 2013

Well, Smitty, It's non-professional Bob Helt here and It looks like I'm the
 best you are going to get.

Of course all piston to cylinder clearances are spec'd at the
skirts...about 2 inches down from the top of the piston. So that is where you  need to
take your measurements. You didn't say whether you have cast or forged
pistons, but assuming the clearances is spec'd at 2 thou, use a long feeler
gauge or a 3/8 in wide strip of 2 thou paper and use it as a gauge to tell your
final clearance.The piston should have a slight drag with the gauge
inserted  when you move the piston down away from the paper. Specs are for total
piston clearance so you measure ONLY one side.

Hope that this helps,
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 5/18/2013 10:43:27 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,