<VV> Automotive Cancer WAS Strut rod battle

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Sun May 19 16:51:24 EDT 2013

Sorry if this upsets you.  As was stated elsewhere the term "cancer"  when
applied to automotive bodies means something more than just rust.  It
usually refers to an automobile body which has serious holes in it due to  rust.
Some damage can be repaired, some cannot.  I would think more  than just
twice (and do a lot more than just think) before I purchased  a Corvair
convertible which had, "run when parked"  and sat for a  number of years if it was
on Long Island.

Automotive cancer is, however a slang term.  One could gather a  number of
people in a room and ask them to define a slang term and one would not  get
the same definition twice.

Again, sorry if it upset you.

Steve Sassi
Long Island Corvair

Postscript:  We of Long Island (L.I.) have enormous bodies  of salt water
no more than twenty miles away from us at any point on L.I.,  so automotive
cancer is a very serious issue.

SVS

In a message dated 5/15/2013 10:18:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,