<VV> Automotive Cancer WAS Strut rod battle

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Sun May 19 23:52:39 EDT 2013

All:

I am sorry that people are so sensitive these days that mere words upset them. I was always taught, when growing up, that "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never harm me". Well, that was usually said after I came in crying because one of my older brothers called me a name.  Yes, I do know that words can hurt, and people have had their lives and reputations destroyed by careless Nd cruel words. I know that in times of war that "loose lips sink ships". I know that our favorite car was maligned by one man's poorly written book. Yes, it is true that words can hurt, but really , we have become such a terribly sensitive society that now it seems that almost every word offends somebody.  Some days I wish we would all just grow thick skins again and get over ourselves.  Let words just be words, but let our actions speak for who we really are. Can't we all just get along?

Bill Hubbell

ps, my father died of colon cancer, my grandfather died of esophageal cancer, but it does not bother me to speak of bad car rust as cancer because I know that a car is not a person and the word has different meanings when used in different contexts.