<VV> PISTON CLEARANCE PROBLEM

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon May 20 12:29:18 EDT 2013

If it makes any difference at all to anybody , I had a set of TRW pistons
marked new in box as .040 , and on the end of the box. After tearing my new
motor down more than once to fix noises as loud as solid lifters in an old
327  fuelie , I found the pistons were marked wrong from the factory. They
were  really .030!
This situation cost me time and money I do not have to waste.
I ended up having this verified by a Corvair machine shop.
So I guess you can not trust factory marks any more...heads up  Smitty.
Regards, Tim Colson   Getting good at fast tear downs and sneaky
Cam/lifter  changes for nothing.