<VV> 102 engine advice

coreyp117 at comcast.net coreyp117 at comcast.net
Wed May 22 08:26:16 EDT 2013

Mike and Mark, thanks so much for following up on my engine issue.

Mike, I plan to accomplish Marks suggested tests today.  I advanced the timing to 20 deg after you left yesterday.  No great increase in hill climbing power, but the engine runs without any problem at that setting.

Re: the unrelated PG shifting problem, I spent time last night studying the Service Manual instructions for adjusting the TV lever.  I'm not sure that we did it correctly last year, and I'm going to re-do it today.

Mike/Mark, the Service Manual PG troubleshooting section lists a faulty governor as one the the potential causes for PG shifting  issues .  Do you know how to check the governor for serviceability?  I had removed mine during my restoration and replaced the seal, but I did not check it for function.  Mike, do you have a spare governor?

Thanks.

 - Corey