<VV> older 145 cu in motors that I have seen..

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Wed May 22 21:14:44 EDT 2013

I had a 63 102 Monza 4sp with a 1:327 diff.  It was 60 over and had all the
refreshed original parts.  The best upgrade I did to it was put a set of
rebuilt 64 Greenbrier 110 carbs on it.
It was a lot of fun to drive on twisty hilly roads.  Because of the very
peaky torque curve, it took a lot of shifting to keep in its power band.  It
was also a lot of fun to play with on the street.

A 102s torque curve is probably about the worst motor you could put in front
of a PG.  The PG shifts from low to drive before the engine gets into the
torque band.  In drive you may be able to get into the torque band at 60 to
70 mpg and max torque is probably 10 to 20 miles/hour more.

My 61 84 hp PG 1:355 Lakewood (not original heads) would probably give a 102
PG a good race in a ¼ mile as the torque band of the 84 matches the PG much
better than the 102.

dp