<VV> engine swap

Harry B. Stewart harry.stewart at usa.net
Thu May 23 21:25:45 EDT 2013

I am looking for an engine that is ready to go just drop it in and no more
worries. current engine has 4 carbs with automatic choke, so it can't be the
original one in my 61 rampside.  current engine would run enough to get me 5
miles down the road then quit.  The last time it did this it sounded like one
of the connecting rods came apart, clatter, klnuk,  klunk.  Could this trouble
be due to missing engine shrouds?  or is their some expert out there that
would like to mess with fixing the engine I have now rather than swapping it
out.