<VV> Blow By Question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue May 28 19:21:50 EDT 2013

Bob, first make sure the crankcase breather is not plugged.

What Matt said on oil is a good thing to do if you are trying to seal up
the rings better.

If the guy is currently running a synthetic, go back to Dino oil.

Dino oil tends to fill in the gaps and seal the rings better when the rings
are worn than a super slippery synthetic can do.

Lots of people use a 10w40, or 20w50 in their engines, so don't be afraid
to go with any of those and see what happens.

Has the owner pulled the plugs to check for oil use on the plugs, to see if
any cylinders are using more oil than any others? What about a compression
test to see if the cylinder compression is even across all 6 cylinders. You
say the engine runs smoothly, but does it have the power it used to have?
How many miles are on the engine?

Mark Durham