<VV> '60 question

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue May 28 00:37:34 EDT 2013

I'm preparing to turn my '60 engine into a "64 110".  I've always wanted to try a Corvair with headers and this is my chance.  I'm going to use the original block, and have a set of '64 110 heads.  So, by using them the choke situation is rectified and I can use the '64 air cleaner set-up.  I already found out I'll have to "re-engineer" the carb cross shaft as i'm using the '60 fan set-up.  Since my heat comes from a gas heater, I won't have to worry about the lower shrouds either.  I have a very low miles '67 110 donor parts engine for the cam, crank, rods, & pistons.  I decided to use the '64 and up air cleaner because I can't seem to find any paper '60 air filters.  My question is this: has any of you done a hop up mod like this?  If so, what would be any pitfalls or things to look out for.  Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.

Cap'n Hook

'60 700 4dr 4spd/soon-to-be 110

'63 ragtop 110/pg

'65 monza 4dr 84/pg