<VV> '60 question

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu May 30 19:11:11 EDT 2013

I'm preparing to turn my '60 engine into a "64 110".  I've always wanted to try
a Corvair with headers and this is my chance.  I'm going to use the original
block, and have a set of '64 110 heads.  So, by using them the choke situation
is rectified and I can use the '64 air cleaner set-up.  I already found out I'll
have to "re-engineer" the carb cross shaft as i'm using the '60 fan set-up.
Since my heat comes from a gas heater, I won't have to worry about the lower
shrouds either.  I have a very low miles '67 110 donor parts engine for the cam,
crank, rods, & pistons.  I decided to use the '64 and up air cleaner because I
can't seem to find any paper '60 air filters.  My question is this: has any of
you done a hop up mod like this?  If so, what would be any pitfalls or things to
look out for.  Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.
Cap'n Hook

 Too many to list... read the archives!!    Build the 67 longblock with your '60 fan....shrouds

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages