<VV> PARADE HEAT ISSUES?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu May 30 20:27:13 EDT 2013

>From central NY area...(today 90 degrees)
Only thing I ever did for heat issues was remove just the doors and stats.
Someone (engineer type) explained to me some principles of heat extraction
by  airflow a long time ago (beyond my memory) . What was explained was if
airflow  is too fast (as in no bottom shrouds) air would not be able to
remove as much  heat as with some slight restriction . So I have been leaving
shrouds on , no  stats or doors , and all possible covers on inside of motor
compartment to keep  that air away from exit hot air. This has worked well for
me on a 64 Turbo , and  several other FC's etc. This is the way all motors
I build leave here now.
What ever you do , don't let it ping!     check all the  obvious  if you
indicate high heat.
Regards , it seems to work fer me, Tim Colson