<VV> PARADE HEAT ISSUES?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri May 31 00:24:25 EDT 2013

On May 30, 2013, at 11:36 PM, Mark Durham wrote:

> A General question: has anyone conducted tests on a engine with all GM
> stuff in place, versus the doors and stats off, then the complete shrouds
> off, to see the difference in engine temps? Just curious.

Funny you should ask - there is a "General" answer, as in Chevrolet did several tests.  I'll have to look and find exactly where they were published, but there is a table out there.

The short answer that I recall is the engine runs cooler without the lower shrouds.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
 '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150