<VV> 1961 Lakewood

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri May 31 11:02:44 EDT 2013

And I'll disagree with Bryan, and say the 500s I have seen had wheels
painted body color, as they came with small hub caps as standard, not wheel
covers. Same with Biscaynes and Bel Airs! I guess this shows the age
difference with Bryan and myself. I owned and worked on many early 60s
Chevys in my early days. Not many Impalas though. Interesting is that Buick
had a red wheel option in the 50s, not dependant on body color. Back to
Corvairs,

My 61 500 4 door had body color wheels.

Who has the option list? Slow Google search turns up this interesting site
for 61s:

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information
-kits/Corvair/1961-Chevrolet-Corvair.pdf

This lists wheels and body as the same color for ALL 1961 Corvairs! Even
Monzas.

Also to note is the ignition timing curves in the engine section. Someone
was asking about these a while back....

Frank DuVal

Original email: