<VV> VV Count the Corvairs!!!

Thompson, Ed (MKE x1231) ed.thompson at quarles.com
Thu Nov 21 18:24:50 EST 2013

Great vintage TV!, Matt!
I took Driver's Ed at a public high school during the summer of 1965, between my sophomore and junior years at a Catholic high school, no Driver's Ed there.  Three parts:  classroom for two or three weeks (seems it was three days a week, just an hour; then "simulators" for a week, or so; followed by actual behind-the-wheel (three students rotated, plus the instructor), in a '65 Belair sedan; I had never driven a car before, at all, not even at "Grandpa's farm," etc., the other two kids had some experience, I wound up doing OK.  That '65 Belair had a passenger side brake for the instructor, but I sure do not remember it having a right side steering wheel like on the "Bewitched" Impala coupe, nor do I recall ever seeing such a set-up since.
I turned 16 during that summer, took my road test on Dad's '63 Pontiac Catalina sedan at 16 + three days, and passed.  My Dad loved it, as my Mother did not drive.  Got my first car, a '65 Corsa turbo coupe the following summer (supposedly the first Corsa sold in metro Milwaukee, in September/October of 1964); it had 22K miles (prior owner had removed the turn signal arm and installed toggle switches under the dash -- total of three, one to negate the brake light on the turning side, the other two for Left or Right turns, I loved that set-up, my Dad did not), had it five years, including when I was in Army, when it virtually never moved.  Sold (gave it away) for $400 in October of 1971, had around 75K miles, against a demo Opel GT, remember those?
Ed, Milwaukee, '66 Monza sedan, 110-glide
<VV> Count the Corvairs!!!
Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com <mailto:virtualvairs%40corvair.org?Subject=%3CVV%3E%20Count%20the%20Corvairs%21%21%21&In-Reply-To=>
Thu Nov 21 15:08:34 EST 2013

http://youtu.be/p5ebjJDBysA

Matt Nall

Charleston, Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from your system. In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.