<VV> Tranny trouble

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 22:59:26 EST 2013

Shaun, check your detent balls and springs, #17,  page 130, Clarks main
Catalog. You may also have issues with the gear shift forks, related pins,
etc, that may be worn and prevent you from actually getting the thing fully
in gear. Also, there are thrust washers and counter shaft washers that are
supposed to keep things in proper alignment. It might just be worn out and
need a good overhaul, my car is 51 years old, but only has 73K miles on it
so the tranny still works great. My original car had 220K miles on it when
I sold it and the tranny was acting up then.

Mark Durham 62 Coupe red/red 4 speed

--
Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho