<VV> Disk Brake for LM

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Tue Nov 26 22:56:04 EST 2013

On 11/26/2013 7:26 PM, aeroned at aol.com wrote:
> I would disagree. I have one Corvair that has 4 wheel drums and one that has front disc brakes. Up until a few weeks ago, the drum car had a stock single cylinder M/C and now it has a dual M/C. The pedal effort was/is very high. The disc car has a early 70s M/C for non power brakes, one big chamber and one little and a 1" bore. The pedal effort is very light, almost too light.
>
> Ned

hmmm - please, more info about the drum/disk combo?
the m/c - by big/little chamber - this refers to the reservoir size, right?
what kind of discs up front?

- the 4 wheel drum having high brake effort - that sounds really odd -
large bore m/c, or odd pedal linkage setup?
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans