<VV> Never saw This Before

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 20:06:25 EDT 2013

Brian, is the block correct for the 140? I pulled a set of main bearings
out of my 62 102 several years ago that was flanged on one side and not the
other. GM put some blocks together that way from the factory back in 62,
and I suppose those bearings could fit in any block if found on the
aftermarket. It did not seem to make a difference on operation, those mains
had 47 years and 69K miles on them and they we still new tolerances at all
four journals and on run out.

I was a bit nervous wondering why they did this when I installed a set with
full flanges on both sides, because was there a problem with the case? As
it happens, no,my clearances were within factory limits on runout there for
both halves.

Mark Durham
62 Monza 900 Coupe
Hauser Idaho