<VV> Advice on air compressor specs.

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 18:37:34 EDT 2013

 1. Don't worry about CFM so much, the tank can be the buffer for high usage tools.
2. Get the 175 PSI models. I didn't, and I am still regretting it. 175 PSI will make your impact wrench AWESOME!
3. Two stage is pretty all there is for this pressure rating. The advantage is there's interstage cooling, and that keeps things much happier.
4. The tank with periodic drainage is all you need. Unless you're spray painting, and then, you'll need something a whole lot better.
5. 240 volt is always preferred. The motor will start more easily, with far less dimming of the house lights when it kicks on.
6. There are some Craftsman compressors that are oilless at this pressure. That is about as low maintenance as you can get. Not super durable, but for the usage you're talking about, I doubt you'll ever wear one out.

That's my input, your mileage may vary.

John Roberts