<VV> Mitchell, SD Corvair Update

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 29 16:29:51 EDT 2013

Oops, I forgot Mike's email address: diamondt1949 at gmail.com

  The Corvairs out in Mitchell, SD have received an extension. Mike Lacey told me that he now has until December 1st (maybe a week or so more) to get the vehicles off the property. He still has some very desirable ones. If your looking for the 62 Loadside (only 369 made) your too late. That is why my brother & I were there last weekend. There is still a 61 Loadside available. Give Mike a call (605-351-9282) or fire him an email and he will send pictures.

  Mike really went out of his way for my brother. He brought the vehicle out of the field to his own shop, had it up on a fork truck (properly lifted with blocks) with the wheels already off so my brother cut put on the wheels he brought. He even had a grease gun to lube the front joints for us.  And despite what a few people said about the undercarriages probably being shot that was not the case. The Loadsides underside is rock solid with surface rust only.

  The Corvairs not purchased will end up being parted out by a guy from Indiana. Sounds like he wants the power-trains and the bodies are going to get scrapped. Big waste in my opinion. So if you have a car in mind, give Mike a call. If I had the money I'd grab that other Loadside myself.

Greg Shaw
Dearborn,MI