<VV> NOT ME!!!! Bruce needs help in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. area

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Sep 4 10:42:03 EDT 2013

Gotta comment, Mike.

Problem applies to ALL older cars.  Much worse for us. For example.  There
are folks who can't align the front of a Corvair, similar to every GM car of
the period. Points? OMG! No computer to tell us where to hopefully find the
problem? My son is a long-time Master Cert Auto Tech w/ Emissions yada
yada..He tells me stories about today's mechanics... You won't believe ...
Modern auto techs are replace, not fix, turn hours to make more money, not
satisfy the customer. The guys who work on Corvairs don't make big enough
money doing it. Or on any old car... Most mechanics don't want to work on
older cars...
They use internet services for service information and troubleshooting, etc.
Old cars aren't in the data base. Unless the shop has old manuals, younger
guys don't have resource, or often, a clue.
Maybe the tech's in question in FL, don't realize the engine runs CCW
looking from the rear forward...Be kind of hard to get it running if that
little bit of knowledge is missing and everything isn't just so.

Chuck S