<VV> Advice needed: CHEAP oil drip pans

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Wed Sep 4 16:36:17 EDT 2013

Joe:
> What would be nice is to have about 3 oil catchers that I  could just use as
> needed, until I can deal with the offenders.
>
> All advice considered and appreciated.  Remember, this must pass  the
> Corvairisti mantra.  We are  CHEAP.
Joe:

Many years ago I bought some drip pans from Pep Boys.  They were
approximately 2.5' x 4' and cost something like $10.  The did just the
trick until I was able to solve the drip problems in my convertible.
They also were a godsend when my Corsa had transmission problems (broken
input shaft) and it dripped fluids for awhile.

This is similar to what I purchased, except mine are metal:
http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9366925/00190

HTH.

Steven "cheap is good, but effective is also good" Serenska

1965 Monza Convertible, 110/4, Clarks finned pan, no drips
1966 Corsa Coupe, 140/4, Clarks pan, still drips from all the
transmission-related fluids that got everywhere