<VV> Looseness in steering column

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Sep 7 13:46:51 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

I have kind of a strange problem with our (LA built) '66 Corsa with a standard column.  The steering wheel has slop in it relative to the column.  This isn't steering box slop, I can grab the wheel and move it up and down.  The column itself is tight to the body, the problem seems to be that the steering shaft is loose in the column.  Is there some adjustment to the bearings?  I seem to recall just a snap ring at the top, but I don't know how the rest of it looks.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150