<VV> Restoration is underway

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Sep 9 13:50:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

The ’64 Rampside that I’ve owned since 1999 (http://tinyurl.com/pbxtkt6) is undergoing restoration, in time for the CORSA convention that will be very near me next summer. This is not intended to be a concours vehicle – I want to continue to drive it.

My steering wheel is the correct design (http://tinyurl.com/qfb47st) but it has a lot of cracks. If you have one that’s pretty decent that you’re willing to part with, please let me know. I’m going to restore it but would like to start with one that has fewer cracks. This wheel is 17” in diameter and has a shallow dish, as you can see from the photos, and was used on all ’64 FCs with the standard trim level and was painted all-white in that configuration. Deluxe ’64 Rampsides and Corvans used the exact same wheel but it was painted two-tone fawn/white. Deluxe ’64 Greenbriers used the ’60 – ’63 Monza car wheel, which was 16” in diameter and had a deeper dish.

Also, I need a good used fiberglass heater box. Clark’s offers an excellent repro (C6842, p104b) but it’s kinda expensive. Please let me know if you have one to sell.

Thanks,

--Kent