<VV> New Corvair owner

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 14:31:58 EDT 2013

Glen, Welcome to the forum. Corvairs are a unique great car!

I am just in the middle of suspension overhaul on my 62 coupe. I have just
finished powder coating the rear suspension components and reinstalled
them without engine removal as per the GM manual. Here is a pic of the
parts ready to install, and one of the parts in place. if you need any
pointers, drop me a note.

I also took out the heater box, cleaned and primed all the
underbody sheetmetal in the area, and repainted it, put back with new
seals. I replaced the body to crossmember bushings with regular rubber
ones, same for the the A arm bushings, and used polyurethane bushings for
the shocks.  I also replaced the springs, and added a rubber spacer under
the rear springs to raise the rear a inch or so.
Will have it on the ground this evening. It also got new brake shoes, new
brake hoses, overhauled brake cylinders, and new hardware/gaskets, seals,
grommets just about everywhere. The engine now hangs like it did from the
factory!

I have the rear suspension bushing tools used to press the bushings in and
out I would sell you for half Clarks asking price plus shipping, if you
decide you need them.

Regards

Mark Durham
62 Monza 900 Coupe Red/Red