<VV> '61 Monza project for sale ADVERISMENT

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 16:16:33 EDT 2013

I'm offering this car to people I know who may be interested before advertising it. Lots of pictures and parts list are available to anybody interested. Ran into health problems with family and friends and too many other projects to finish. This will not be a show car but a daily driver.

For sale 1961 Corvair Monza 900

Car had restoration started and many
parts were purchased to do the job. Got as far as removing and
rebuilding the front suspension, removed and sealed gas tank,
complete brake system front to back, engine new ignition, valves lapped and push rod
tubes replaced. Car starts, turns and steers and stops.  Battery
good.

Interior was stripped and a
replacement from a '64 Spyder purchased. Previous owner did some rust
repair under the rear seat and trunk. Almost all parts to redo the
interior and exterior goes with the car.

I observed no evidence of any serious
collision. There appears to be minor body work in various places. I
started to clean it up, but it still needs cosmetics prior to
repaint. Previous owner had repainted the car red, but originally it
was tan inside and out.

Car was last registered in Connecticut
in 1991. I have the last registration and a bill of sale to me. A CT
bill of sale will be available to the new owner. Car is located in
south east CT.

Poor health in family and too many
projects forces sale. A list of all the $ spent of the car is
available, it totals over $2,000. I do not expect to recover $2,000.