<VV> Is it parts or is it scrap?

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Sep 19 10:16:12 EDT 2013

The welding cable can be used to move a Corvair battery to another
location. But 9' may not be enough to reach the trunk, so you could join
two pieces.

It weighs about 250 lb per 1000', so 27 feet yields slightly less than 6.75
pounds. So figure about $15 in scrap if you strip off the insulation.
Retail internet you can buy new wire for $1.60 per foot (10 foot minimum)
plus shipping, so it would be at least $50 new.

People who are moving a battery to the trunk, save money and buy from Roy.

I also save 2/0 welding cable to make battery cables for 6 volt systems.
The starter actually spins the engine with large copper cables!

Frank DuVal

Original email: