<VV> 63 rear brake/parking brake questions

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Sep 19 10:19:52 EDT 2013

There you go, 4 clicks, not 7 like I said.

I forget what Claypool said he looks for in Concours judging.

Senior moment...

Frank DuVal

Original email:
-----------------
From: Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:31:15 -0700
To: corvairgrymm at gmail.com, virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> 63 rear brake/parking brake questions

Ray, I just adjusted the brakes on my 62 coupe non-self adjusting
brakes as I did a complete rebuild. My shop manual says to loosen the
parking brake nuts at the tunnel until the brake shoes are not held off
the upper center post. Put the drums/tires on and adjust the brakes on
both sides until there is even and heavy brake drag. Then back the
brake adjustment off 12-15 clicks to get normal pedal travel. Then go
pull the park brake handle up 4 clicks and tighten the park brake cable
nuts so it has heavy drag at both drums at the 4 clicks. I hope this
helps.
Mark Durham