<VV> 62-63 brake parts

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 02:08:09 EDT 2013

Mark and others,  I just checked the 62-63 supplement and all of the
illustrations do show the "shoe guide plate", but you are correct that on
Clark's catalog pg USED-22 it is stated that they are *not* used on 62-63
cars.  I find this odd, and if anyone has any more info on this topic I'd
be interested to hear it.  In the meantime I'll trust in Clark's and Mark's
experience with his 62 and just put it together without them.

For others trying to follow along, we are discussing the "shoe guide plate"
as identified on 1961 shop manual page 5-2 figure 5-1

I will admit, this makes me feel less dumb for ignoring their absence on
the 63 over the past 3 1/2 years =).  I don't feel so good about the hour
and a half I spent digging through all my parts unsuccessfully looking for
a set that fit the 63 anchor pin.  If neither the 62 or the 63 had them to
begin with this explains why there were none to be found.

Ray Rodriguez III
Certifiable Vair Nut
Lake Ariel, PA

PS-  I'll be at the big air cooled gathering in NJ Saturday and Sunday, I
hope to see some of you there!