<VV> Valve cover car design

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Sep 26 12:21:59 EDT 2013

OK not directly Corvair related but definitely a Corvair tradition.

What are folks using for VC racer wheels?

I'm debuting my second VC car at the Roundup this weekend. Both of my cars have used computer hard drives for the wheels and "tires." The bearing in these wheels seem to be very load sensitive. It may be to the point that the simple physics of more weight equals more speed doesn't apply. I hope to get some track time tomorrow afternoon and will run some experiments. Our new track (purchased from ICE) has timing equipment.

I'm considering wheels and tires from roller skates or roller blades for the heavier duty bearings. What other simple/easy/cost effective bearing sources are out there?

Ned