<VV> Rust repair question - Lower windshield

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Fri Sep 27 08:56:43 EDT 2013

For bare metal, I use an etching primer, POR-15 for any surfaces that
have rust. On the edges of metal to be welded, I use a "weld-through"
primer. If there is a blind area say, inside the area that's repaired, I
have used a product called "Like-90" that comes in a kit, with a
flexible spray extension with a 360 degree nozzle that allows you to get
inside panels that have been welded with a rust inhibitor:

http://www.like90.net/corrosion-inhibiting-compounds.html

It's supposed to "wick" into the crevices and is especially good if you
have the inside of welds to cover after the fact.

Karl in Boston (who deals with a lot of rust).
CORSA Eastern director