<VV> Rust repair question - Lower windshield

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Fri Sep 27 12:00:28 EDT 2013

Seth,
I used phosphoric acid from Clark's when they still sold it.  I understand it is still available locally.  I used cheap plastic spray bottles at first then got a set of spray heads and wands.  I have sprayed up under the cowl below the filler panel on the outside and the area at the front of the dash when the glass pinch weld is.  I also sprayed it inside the "a" pillars and across the top of the windshield frame.  The plenum area below the grill (above the pedals) at the end seams was also treated.  Every thing was wire brushed first wherever accessible.  The phosphoric acid wicks into everything really well just give gravity an assist wherever possible.  Use heavy gloves as the stuck stains everything--especially skin.  Unless you like purple skin of course.  I followed with Rustoleum primer but coverage wasn't as good because it is thicker.

Bob