<VV> Muffler resonating

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Sep 27 15:31:33 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/27/2013 8:56:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jamescuneo at hotmail.com writes:

The car  was originally a 140 so does not have the cutout for the exhaust
tip. I would  use a stock muffler but do not want to cut the body. Anyone
have experience  with Magnaflow?Thanks,Jim Cuneo65 Corsa with turbo 140Sonoma
County  CA

Jim - I have twin Magnaflows on my C6 Corvette. The sound is fine, but
those sounds pass through a Cat Converter first, so this application may be
deceiving. One of the problems you will find is that most smaller aftermarket
mufflers are designed for replacement when increased noise is not a problem
 (Performance is taking the lead). If you take the car to a good
Performance  Exhaust Muffler shop, I'll bet they can find the equivalent of the
original Turbo muffler - in noise and allowable back-pressure - in a  slightly
shorter package. That would allow you room for a turn down.

-Seth Emerson