<VV> Turbos / OverHeating

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Sep 30 02:14:15 EDT 2013

On 9/29/2013 7:34 PM, Frank DuVal wrote:
> Yes, mine was operator error, and not looking at the temperature gauge.
> Two strikes and you're out!
>
> Yet, later I drove it, as my only daily transportation, at interstate
> speeds in over 100°F weather here on the east coast. Smarter and
> watching the temperature gauge to moderate speed vs road condition
> (hills). Worked great.
>
> Frank DuVal

when it overheated, and the temp gauge was reading 600 plus - what
caused it to run that high?
Was it just a thrown belt? just a hard pull? Low RPM? high RPM? other
factors?
Seems like a big red idiot light might be a nice feature, in addition to
the gauge.

That's one thing about a water pumper - they can dump a lot of heat when
they boil the coolant out - the 'Vair doesn't have that margin...