<VV> Corvair Fuel Injection Drawing from 1957

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 20:55:46 EDT 2014

I'd like a copy!

John Roberts

-----Original Message-----
From: P.H. Raker <n556p at yahoo.com>
To: Virtual Vairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Sat, Apr 5, 2014 6:43 pm
Subject: <VV> Corvair Fuel Injection Drawing from 1957

Hey all you historians: Dave Newell, Bob Helt, James Rice, any others?

     This afternoon I acquired a photocopy of a Rochester Products Division
drawing, Dwg. No. EX-25618, which is purported to be a proposal for fuel
injection for the 1960 Corvair.  The layout shows what appears to be a
6-cylinder modification of the mechanical FI system that was used on several
Corvettes during the 60s.
     What's interesting, though, is that it's shown (quite clearly) on a
60-degree V-6.  It also appears to be on a water-cooled engine.  What gives
here?!?
     I have scanned the drawing and will gladly forward a copy to anyone who can
shed some light on this bit of history.

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4
'63 Greenbrier - 95/4