<VV> Turbo question, distributor numbers?

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 7 22:06:27 EDT 2014

>From 2nd edition JP.  Don't know if that makes them correct.

62-3 150  1110290**
62-3  150 1110298**
64  150     1110314**
65-6  180 1110329**

** = vacuum retard

Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: "William J. Meglen" <tirediron4 at gmail.com>
To: "Virtual Vairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Turbo question, distributor numbers?

My 1966 CORSA convertible was not an original turbo and from turbo number
appears to be an early turbo.  What are the “correct” numbers for the
distributor? I have misplaced my “Junkyard Primer” does anyone have the
“correct” numbers for the distributor?  Is there a difference between early
or late. Are they interchangeable?

Bill
Gardnerville, NV

On Apr 7, 2014, at 12:42 AM, RoboMan91324 at AOL.COM wrote:

> While you are checking the numbers on the dist, make sure the  car was an
> original turbo.

---