<VV> other thoughts - off topic

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 21:22:14 EDT 2014

                                                                                                                         B"H

I couldn't resist responding to this one.  I've been in "IT" for over 30 years and haven't seen a single compromise of our systems, either internally or externally.

Our computer servers run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and haven't experienced a single hardware failure since 2004.

I don't trust any computer I can lift.  I work on IBM mainframe systems, running an operating system that used to be called "MVS" and is now called "z/OS."

A single system supports thousands and thousands of users running hundreds of applications at the same time during the business day.  My Windows computer seems to get viruses constantly and suffers degrading performance, but our z/OS systems run at split-second response time.

So much for progress.  Many of the applications running on our z/OS systems are 20 and 30 years old, and run flawlessly. Just like our Corvairs when they're properly tuned and maintained.

Best wishes to all..Bill Hershkowitz  66 Monza Sport Sedan 110/PG  A/C