<VV> 65 Monza clean up

wfcc at mediacombb.net wfcc at mediacombb.net
Thu Apr 10 00:05:20 EDT 2014

Location ?

                        Ed
                            West Florida Corvair Club
----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Eggleston <AlanE.Eggleston at scouting.org>
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Sent: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 11:41:52 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: <VV> 65 Monza clean up

As with all cars that are 50 years old, there are bound to be things that need replacing.  As I was taking out the seats and carpet, a few more things need to be added to my list of buying/begging/borrowing/stealing:

1.  Driver side windshield pillar - top broken off (black)
2.  Driver side wind lace (?) that holds the headliner in place (black)
3.  Passenger side front arm rest - I barely touched it and it broke from being brittle.  Should probably replace both
     sides, as the driver side will probably break soon
4.  Windshield inside weather stripping
5.  65 rear outlet grill
6.  Headliner
7.  Package area cardboard
8.  Padded dash (black)
9.  Fuzzies for all windows
10.  Rear "door" cards - they got torn when I was taking out the rear seat (Not happy when I did that, I can tell you)
11.  Cloth upholstery for all seats
12.  Corsa 4-speed shifter cover (just looks better than the rubber boot)
13.  Corsa chrome air filter cover (just looks better)

I might just replace the package area cardboard with carpet instead.  Probably cheaper since I just bought the carpet at a box store.  However, the package area cardboard seems to be similar to that you put on the back of a "walmart" type bookcase, and I think I have some of that in the garage.

I might just live with the 66 rear outlet grill that's on it.  It would probably be expensive to replace it.

The padded dash is nice, but I might just take the padding off and leave it metal, depending on how much it would cost to replace it.

Some stuff is just "window dressing" and will be done as I go along and can find it cheap.

Ain't life wonderful?  Well, it is when you drive a Corvair, regardless the shape it's in!

Alan E. Eggleston
325-370-3476 (C)