<VV> OT: The Other Monza

Dale K Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sat Apr 12 12:22:23 EDT 2014

On 4/12/2014 12:00, Mark Morgan wrote:
> Subject: <VV> Better Prepare Yourself...
>
> The June 2014 issue of "Hemmings Classic Car" has a one-page article on the 1970s' Monza, titled (appropriately) "The Other Monza," pg 68.? Interesting start to the article: "When you are a big company like General Motors and you have a big division like Chevrolet, you can afford to have your share of dogs--I mean, underdogs."? Actually quite entertaining.
> ??? When the car debuted I did up a cartoon making fun?of it?("What do you mean?not a REAL Monza?").? Rocky Mountain Corsa published it, think Corvairs of New Mexico also put it in their newsletter.? I've got it somewhere, if I turn it up I'll run it through the scanner.
A buddy of mine in college back in '81-82 had one of these; a '78 model
notchback, gold metallic with tan interior, plain disc wheel covers--and
a factory 305/automatic under the hood.  This was a true factory-built
V8 Vega--a real sleeper too.  I'll have to ask him where it ended up.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI
"How deep is the snow Papa?" "In the woods its still three feet high and
melting..."